[LRflex] Re: Decisive Moments

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 13:19:17 -0700 (PDT)

Charlie,
   I think that maybe as a 'non-ballplayer' you're letting that keep you from
applying your engineer skills. " I don't know what else would account for the
body of the bat leading the handle." Possibly it would be better to think of it
this way. The handle of the bat is where the player applies the force to
accelerate it into the ball, but the handle is also how he de-accelerates the
bat and controls it through his follow through. When the Handle seperates from
the rest of the bat, there is nothing to brake/control the forces generated in
the swing thereby letting it accelerate out in front of the part still in his
grip. Newtons Laws in 'Motion' hee hee.
Richard in Michigan