[LRflex] Re: David, don't give up!

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:21:36 +0100

Doug,
I remember reading a bird book when I was a very young lad,it said the
black-headed gull is easily recognisable by its red legs (??) I think
that may have put me off wanting to be an ornithologist. In the same
vein, we have a nature book here which doesn't tell you the size of any
bird in centimetres or inches, just things like "larger than a Bussard"
, "smaller than a greenfinch", "similar in size to a Hedge-sparrow" - it
doesn't really help much at all either, I don't usually carry Bussards,
Greenfinches and Hedge-sparrows around with me to make comparisons.
Dougls.