[LRflex] Re: David Farkas Photography Blog: Leica VIP Launch Event for S2

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 18:58:55 -0400

William B. Abbott III wrote:
Hi all-

News from Photokina. David Farkas writes:

"The R10 has already been green-lit, fast-tracked, whatever. Technology from the S2 will find its way into a smaller body with a 24x36mm CCD chip that takes all current R lenses (no adapter). New AF R lenses will be introduced as well. The S2 will launch in Summer 2009, with the R10 coming (most likely early 2010)."

Go here for the whole story:

http://dfarkas.blogspot.com/2008/09/leica-vip-launch-event-for-s2.html

All the best,

Bill

Bill,
  Thanks for that.  Why the heck didn't they put those
few details out the first night? I'm saving my pennies for one, but I'm glad I got an
Olympus to have the option to shoot digital until that time. :-)

--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
 one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein