[LRflex] Re: Date Loss on DMRs.

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 16:23:00 -0700

Doug Herr wrote:
> > Does it still lose the date if you change to a new, charged battery,
> > within, say 30 seconds
>
>within 5 seconds.

Rats!  I don't think there is a lithium battery, for the clock, in
the DMR.  If there was, you might simply replace it!

Your DMR is not under warranty, is it?  Are you running v1.1 or v1.2
firmware.  I was running v1.2 and had no problems.

Hmmm... allow me to ruminate on this one...

> >>Maybe firmware 1.3, due monday.
>
> > You dreamer, you!
>
>Reported on photo.net today, source cited is Tony Rose (popflash.com)

If true, that will be wonderful!!!

Mind you, it was last September, over dinner in Wetzlar, that Tony
first told me of the existence of the "much improved" v1.3 firmware,
which was then in testing.   The existence of v1.3 was later
confirmed to me by sources within Leica, and still later publicly
announced.  At that time, it expected to be due out before Christmas.
However, as we all know, from earlier discussions on this list, v1.3
was delayed and delayed, and there was some doubt it would ever arrive.

I truly hope that [a] the rumour is true and [b] that it lives up to billing.

Please keep us posted.  Even though I no longer have a DMR, I am one
of the enquiring minds that want to know!!!