[LRFlex] DSLR for Hannover - Sunday afternoon

  • From: Gary E <ge_crocus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Leica Reflex <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 06:18:02 -0800 (PST)

Douglas,

Your DSLR photos look really good and even with the
crop factor your 21mm still seems wide.  I don't
recall, but what DSLR are you using?  I've seem some
adapters out there for Canon's which I wanted to try,
but the stop down metering and moving the aperture to
focus and to taking aperture seems like more of a pain
than I'm willing to go about for a seudo Leica DSLR.
But as an alternative...

The Modul R would not be a reality for me as my
current lenses are 2 cams for my SL, so I would have
to start from scratch.

Thanks,
Gary

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:49:22 +0100
From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRFlex] Hannover - Sunday afternoon

Still trying out Leica glass on the DSLR.
Sunday afternoon was more or less perfect weather for
a walk around
Hannover's lake (Maschsee).
A couple of shots of the lake, with the ancient and
modern bits of the
skyline and a couple of bronze lions too.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Maschsee
  Leica 21/4
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Maschsee2
 Leica 35/2
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/L_wen
Canon EF-S 18-55
at 55mm
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Maschsee3
 Canon EF-S
18-55 at 55mm

The glass palace is a new bank headquarters, the thing
with the dome is
the "New" Rathaus.
All a bit touristy/postcardy but they show a pleasant
bit of where I've
lived for the past 30 years.

Douglas