[LRflex] Re: DMR firmware update??

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 10:14:43 -0700

Steve Barbour wrote:

>  David Young wrote:
> > So, this is my theory on why Leica do not wish to say that v1.3 is
> > *not* coming. OTOH, I would not hold my breath, waiting for it!  In
> > the end, it may never come. But Leica would look very foolish...
>

>more foolish than they look right now... ?

Hi Steve!

Why should they look foolish on this one?  They've publicly said,
months ago, that the delay was due to Imacon and that they'd hoped to
have it released by the end of last year.

>you mean they don't know?

As in do they not know when, or even if, it will come?  No, they don't know.

But I do know that they are making every effort to get v1.3 corrected
& released.  However, if Imacon remains intransigent, it may not happen.

>billshit is still bullshit, any way you package it...

So tell me, Steve.  Why is it that if Leica (or any firm, for that
matter) makes an announcement,explaining a situation, those who did
not personally hear that announcement automatically assume that the
company is [a] withholding information or [b]  lying to them?

This is an unfortunate situation, but one which is not uncommon, in
business, when one firm relies upon another.

There are many things for which we can legitimately blame
Leica.  This, however, is not one of them.