[LRflex] Re: DMR firmware update??

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 12:17:14 -0700

On May 12, 2007, at 11:47 AM, David Young wrote:

> Steve Barbour wrote:
>
>> no David, I am sorry... I am not impressed...just the sort of empty
>> talk/BS I alluded to,
>>
>> this is about as meaning as 90 % of the things our politicians say...
>>
>> and you wonder why people are confused, uncertain, critical,
>> dubious...
>>
>> and don't blame it on Imacon...
>>
>> it's Leica's camera...
>>

>> I think Leica would be far better off saying and writing fact...
>>
>> not hopes or desires or speculations...Steve
>

> Steve:
>
> I was at the LHSA convention. Were you?
>
> I had the opportunity to spend 3 hours with him, as part of a small
> "focus group", at Photokina.  Did you?
>
> I had another short meeting with him, at the Factory, afterwards.
> Have You?
>
> I have spent time with him, on the phone.  Have you?
>
> I have taken a good measure of the man, and I believe Steven Lee to
> be a man of integrity, and good on his word.
>
> Unfortunately, there is an established "culture" at Leica ... one
> which he is trying to change.  But change does not come overnight,
> and he has had just over 6 months, so far, at the helm.  Most things
> are still happening "as they always have", not how he'd necessarily
> like them to.  Certainly, things have not worked out well for me, and
> my DMR.  But the fact remains, that in this ongoing, 7+ month saga,
> Mr. Lee has been the *only* person within Leica to do the right
> things!
>
> I agree, his interview with LFI was gobbledy-gook.  It's what one
> says when they either [a] have nothing to say or, more likely, [b] do
> not wish to tip their hand.
>
> You believe, as you wish.  I, however, prefer not to call a man a
> liar until can prove that he is.

I don't believe either of us called him a liar...  I said what is
coming from the comapny is BS...empty talk...
you called it gobbledy-gook...same in my book...

I must say he apparantly is a good politician... he has really sold
you...I can tell that and I'm not even his good buddy...

among other things he sold you an incomplete, and defective DMR...and
a lot of promises...

as I said,  "good try Steven...a nice butter up job..."

but the sort of thing people, businessmen, politicians, doctors say
when they don't have anything to say, or they don't want to say
anything......

What I truly don't understand David is your apparant complacency and
support for a company that has failed you,  and I mean you personally...

not me...

I am happy with my M lenses and M8... (and I have a bunch of R bodies
and lenses too...)

Your endless support and cozying up to these guys (you sure you don't
work for the company).... reminds me of  finally released hostages of
an airplane hijacking who refer to their hijackers as really nice
guys...

truly nothing personal David, but I think they are taking you for a
long ride on a short pier...

Steve