[LRFlex] Re: DM-R decisions, was 20D Question

  • From: Jim Hemenway <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:12:27 -0500

Hi Don:

I find that I have too much to do so I haven't explored the Pentax digital very much. I need to carve out the time to read the whole manual and to try out every feature. In the meantime I have been shooting in jpeg, trying out all sorts of lenses.

So, I haven't tried the Pentax RAW converter, or for that matter, anything else on the Pentax CD.

And, I haven't yet upgraded to Photoshop CS which it's my understanding will do the job, now that Adobe has released an update for their RAW plug-in, which now supports more cameras including ours:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0402/04021302adobecsfoveon.asp

If you have Photoshop then you might want to download this as well:
You also might want to download this:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2552

Jim. "I'd love to have an R to Pentax adapter" Hemenway

Don Bledsoe wrote:

Jim,

I recently bought a Pentax *ist DS too.  Have you found any decent RAW
converter software?  The software that comes with the ist DS is rather
slow and cumbersome and PS doesn't convert the Pentax proprietary RAW
files.

I'm hoping someone will come out with a Leica R to Pentax adapter so
can use my R glass.  It is a dandy little camera.

Don

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:01:14 -0500, Jim Hemenway <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I decided that I needed a digital now... who knows when the DM-R will
really be ready?

I looked at the Canons, (so that I could use my R glass) but find the
Canon viewfinders to be too dim for me.

So, I recently bought a Pentax *isDS 6mp reflex.  I already had a bunch
of Pentax AF lenses and can also use all of my screw mount lenses going
back to the mid-60s in A and M mode... with focus confirmation

It will even take Nikkor lenses, (M mode) with an adapter that I have
from Adorama.

So far it's a pretty good camera, and used Pentax F and FA lenses are
going through the roof... I anticipate that the same thing will happen
when the DM-R arrives.

Slobodan, I've seen a notice that a Rollei 3.9 x 3.9 cm back is
available and can be used untethered. But that's like using a Baby
Rollei, not a 6008 so I think I'll wait on something like that for
awhile longer.

Jim