[LRflex] Re: DM-R Adventure

  • From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:14:13 -0700

Mine (a used demo unit) has been working well, aside from known
firmware 1.1 bugs.  1.2 fixes most of the bugs but adds a few new ones
of its own.  I'll wait for 1.3.  Being in the software business I'm not
surprised by bugs, the wonder is that there aren't more.  C and N have
had their share of bugs too, even on their multi-kilobuck products.
Perfection is an invention of marketing people, to be planted in our
heads by whatever means possible.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

On Apr 18, 2006, at 5:03 PM, Dr. Puritz wrote:

> HI Jerry:  I had no idea that David and Alan were, in effect, doing
> Beta
> testing.  Nevertheless, the DMR is released at $6,000 now.  Has the
> current
> DMR been changed in any way from the ones that our two esteemed
> members were
> using?  Are we to assume that earlier models of the DMR, i.e., those
> that
> were selling originally at $5,000, were also "Beta units"?  If so,
> were the
> original units sold with such a designation?
>
> Elliot

>>> Solms.  To say that one is surprised would be understating the