[LRflex] D700

  • From: H&ECummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 16:52:44 +0800

Dear Steve,
Congrats on the D700. I only hope the R10 is as thoughtfully designed and, being newer, has an even better sensor.
But, we shall see, we shall see.
Your question about audio confirmation of focus achievement - I don't think it works with manual lenses - whether Nikon or Leitax R lenses re-bayoneted. In custom setting menu go to Shooting/ Display and D1 and turn on the beep and experiment.
If you find a way to get the camera to beep please let me know.
Cheers
Howard

From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Re: home and far away...
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 06:55:06 -0700

On Feb 22, 2009, at 1:41 AM, Philippe AMARD wrote:

Nice and rich colour, shallow DoF, sharp.
The second has an angle that says long lens.

 so true you devil...   :-)
D700   latter with  the 18-200mm zoom   shot long,
Tikwa with the old manual Nikkor 105mm 2.5 on the D700,
you are right on...
thanks,
amities, Steve