[LRflex] Re: Courtroom Etiquette Rules....

  • From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 21:20:40 +0200

The question is : why would you want to shoot a judge?
Revenge?

;-)

Amitiés
Philippe

Le 3 mai 13 à 20:55, Richard Ward a écrit :

Hi Phillipe,
I strongly suspect that Leica circa 2013 had about as much effect on the writing of these rules as I effect the 2013 bottom line of Leica itself. My strong suspicion is the rule, like most rules & procedures, came about to fix a problem eg: cameras noisier than a leaf shutter 4x5 Press Camera, a TLR, or the ubiquitous Press Photographer with an M Rangefinder. In my mind that would be the rise of the SLR in the Post WWII Era and the addittional mechanical clunks and clatters they brought with them. Most of us have experienced first hand how much louder an slr is than a rangefinder and it goes double for the early all mechanical SLRs and their unrefined mirror mechanisms. I'd say that some Judges got annoyed by their church-quiet proceedings being disturbed with the echo of the press photogs firing the shutters in their Nikon Fs. So, They got together and wrote something to quiet things down and -like most rules- has never been dropped or been adapted to the arrival of todays 'silent' all electronic cameras.

I'd freely accept someone challenging my hypothoses with some on the ground info and readily adjust to accomodate being proven wrong! Out of curiousity alone I'd love to have more first hand info even if it proves me 100% wrong, but I'm a bit of an odd duck. :)

Richard in Michigan
 _____________________________________

The string of typographical symbols comic strips use to indicate profanity ("$%@!") is called a grawlix.
 _____________________________________

On May 3, 2013, at 2:32 AM, "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx> wrote:

VERY surprising - they must have paid a bunch as there so many completely silent cameras around these days - the x10 is one of them for instance.

Amitiés
Philippe

Le 3 mai 13 à 04:34, Richard Ward a écrit :

Leica M sets the standard of shutter noise in many US courtrooms | Leica News & Rumors
http://leicarumors.com/2013/05/02/leica-m-the-only-camera-allowed-in-many-us-courtrooms.aspx/

The string of typographical symbols comic strips use to indicate profanity ("$%@!") is called a grawlix.

One sees clearly only with the heart. What is essential is invisible to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE