[LRFlex] Re: Comparison shots

  • From: Scott Gardner <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:22:11 -0800 (PST)

Um, let's keep in mind that this compares a Leica prime to a <$100 Canon zoom
'kit' lens using what appears to be low resolution files on a screen.

I suggest it would be more useful to compare prime to prime using, if possible,
full size files.  Actually, I'm curious Aram . . . what is the byte count of
the original files?

If the screen is final destination for an image, it makes sense to judge it
there, but if a fine print is the goal, the screen is a weak, if necessary,
substitute.

my two cents worth/Scott Gardner

Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Aram Langhans wrote:

> http://www.naches.wednet.edu/NachesValley/nvhs/science/langhans/compare/compare.htm

Holy fuzz!! I wouldn't think there's be much difference at f/8 but so much for
what I'd think! The edge in particular, what a difference!!

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm

 Yahoo! Sports -  Sign up for Fantasy Baseball.