[LRFlex] Re: Comparision of Canon & Leica Glass (Scene 1)

  • From: "Dave Saalsaa" <SaalsD@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 10:48:13 -0500

I have been shooting with a 20D and my Leica glass for about a week now and found out a few interesting things. One thing is that wide angles are hard to focus for me on the 20D. And, my 60 macro won't focus to infinity. I guess I never really noticed before and it is a function of that particular lens which should be a fairly easy fix I would think. Also the Leica glass makes some very nice images on the 20D and the particular characteristics that make Leica lenses special are preserved quite well on the CMOS sensor of the Canon. When I can get them in proper focus, the images are very nice compared to my friends Tamron AF glass on his Canon. I have an old Tamron 35-105 zoom that really sucks compared to my Leica primes. The Tamron 90mm f/2.5 macro, on the other hand, produces some very, very sharp images. Now I am need of an ultra wide zoom.

Dave
----- Original Message ----- From: "Julian W" <julianw123@xxxxxxxxx>