[LRflex] "Colourful Notions," 1984 BBC TV program - OT

  • From: Bill Abbott <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 19:29:24 -0700

This email is only partially off topic because we all work with color from time
to time, whether we are using Leicas or any other camera.

About twenty-five years ago, in the mid-1980s, I saw a BBC program on TV here
in the U.S. called "Colourful Notions."

The program concerned how we humans see color and how the conventional theory
of color vision is not correct. It included an experiment by Edwin Land, of
Polaroid fame, that demonstrates how color is actually perceived. For some
reason that program was pulled from all the TV archives that I could find and I
have searched for it over the years with no success.

I now find that BBC's "Colourful Notions" is available in four parts on YouTube
simply by searching there on "Colourful Notions."

Here is Part 1 to get you started

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YuEhr-C-8U

I hope Land's experiment will surprise and delight you as much as it did me
roughly twenty-five years ago when I first saw it.

With all best regards,

Bill