[LRflex] Re: Color consistency

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 20:25:44 -0800

Tom Schofield wrote:

>I am not seeing DMR v. 1.3 up on the website yet.  Do
>you have any additional info on its availability?

Hi Tom!

Yup!  The firmware updates for the DMR are being done by it's
designer and builder, Imacon.  When they told Leica that V1.2 was
ready, last spring, Leica released it unchecked, only to quickly
discover that it made many photos orange!  It was withdrawn within 24
hours, and the fix was made.  I only discovered v1.2 after it had be
re-released, so I never had any problems with it.

Imacon gave Leica V1.3 some weeks ago but this time Leica wisely gave
it to a few testers, first!  I've heard from both Stephen Gandy and
Tony Rose (who apparently know some of the testers) that it is much
improved in WB and in several other areas.

Exact timing will depend on what, if any, tweaking is needed before
it's release and how long Imacon takes do it.  Nothing is guaranteed,
but it is definitely on the horizon. According to Steven Lee (Leica's
new, main man), it *should* be released before Christmas.