[LRflex] Re: Color Calibrator Preferences?

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 10:43:33 -0800

Richard.

I have used the Datacolor Spyder series from 1-3.  I find it to be pretty
good.  That said, I would like to upgrade to a different system, one that
would allow me to make print paper profiles, as I do like to print my stuff.
I am also now using dual monitors, and the version of Spyder 3 I bought does
not allow separate profiles to be used for each monitor.

Beware of the difference between calibration and profiling your monitor.
There is some free software out there called HCFR that allows you to
calibrate your monitor before you profile it using compatible devices.  The
version of Spyder I have does work with this software.  I am still in the
process of switching to my new computer, so I have not profiled my new
monitor yet.

X-Rite had a webinar a while back that dealt with their products and
calibrating and profiling monitors.  Might want to watch it to see how their
system works.

http://xritephoto.com/ph_learning.aspx?action=webinarsarchive&eventid=1073&eventdateid=4885

Aram