[LRflex] Re: C***n or N***n?

  • From: Gary E <ge_crocus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 23:52:26 -0800 (PST)

I used to think the Canon 5D or 5DmkII would be a good adaptable solution.  Now
I'm on the fence to using a Nikon D700 with the new CPU Zeiss lenses (I already
have some Nikon lenses).  I would have to sell off some of my R lenses; which I
really don't want to do if I can help it.  You can go either route as Zeiss
will release CPU lenses for Canon eventually or use the Leitax option for the
Nikon F mount.

Now with Doug's reference to the Leica forum, it seems they are in the decision
phase with 1 of 3 options (surprised they even have that many).  I too have
been in the wings waiting to use my R lenses without the stop down metering
method.  I know I could have been shooting digital all this time waiting around
by going this route, but I really would like to use the R lenses in one
seamless camera.  One Leica forum member mentioned a digital SL, which if is
one of the choices and is chosen, I would be like a pig in a mud pool.  Either
this, or come out with the DMR again with FF and long term product support.

Best of luck in your choice,
Gary E