[LRflex] Re: C***n or N***n?

  • From: Miha Golobic <miha.golobic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 22:57:41 +0100

Zeiss lenses for Nikon with CPU contacts is great news indeed! (Canon
variants had them from the begining)

I have a modest selection of Leica lenses and cameras (elmarit 28&35, cron
50&90, 75-200, R3Mot, SL) not worth much and will probably keep them
forever.

As for Canon vs Nikon, I got used to turning the focusing rings on the
lenses in the "wrong direction", so going back to Nikon with ZF lenses would
be confusing again. Canon lanses suddenly focus the right way :-)

One should decide on the lenses before choosing the system. Nikon has
strenghts in wide zooms, Canon in tele lenses. My favourite focal lenghts is
50mm, but there is no lens in CaNikon selection that would give me the look
I get with my Summicron-R 50mm 2nd. (Zeiss 2/50 Macro Planar?)
After Yashica, Minolta, Nikon, and Leica, it's probably time for Canon
(before they decide to abandon their photo division...)

Miha