[LRFlex] Re: Clean contacts

  • From: NATSTEK@xxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 16:00:50 EST

Elliot,

I've found the best thing to use is a fiberglass contact cleaner in a twist
pen type holder. The ones made for cameras are about $10~$15, but if you go to
a local auto parts store and ask for a product called "Nick Sander" for about
$5.00, it's the same thing, but not in a gold tipped pen type holder, just
blask plastic. Hey, I can buy 3 of those for what one of the camera ones cost.

You just scrub the contacts with it and blow away the dust. CAUTION!!! the
dust contains fine fiberglass particles so DON'T get it in your eyes. It's also
great for cleaning pitted or dull chrome finish camera bodies and hot shoe
contacts. This thing can make a dull, AE-1, or Pentax K1000 body look brand
new.
Corroded (green) battery contacts are now a thing of the past!. This is the
greatest thing since Bailey's Irish Cream & Coffee!! (ALMOST).

Another caution, NEVER, but NEVER, sit in a motel room in your underwear and
clean cameras with this thing and blow the dust off. It lands inside your
skivvies and causes extreme itching, even after several showers!!  Don't ask
how I
know this.

Art Tafil