[LRFlex] Re: Circular Polarizers for R

  • From: "Gary Pinkerton" <gpinkcp@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:06:17 -0500

Robert
13359 is Non Circular. I think you need 13354, if serial # of 135mm is under 2772618.
And Circ. Polarizer # 13353 for the 35mm and 50mm.
These are listed in an old Leica book I have.
I can scan the page in for you and send to you if you'd like [when I get home from work.
GaryP

From: "Merritt, Robert" <Robert.Merritt@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRFlex] Circular Polarizers for R
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 11:44:49 -0400

Yes, I'm still doping out the various intricacies of the series filters, and am resigning myself to just getting the correct Leica filters and retaining rings from eBay or elsewhere. There is a polarizer that would be perfect for the 135 Elmarit, since it's Series VII size, catalog #13359. But I can't tell whether this is a circular polarizer or linear, and I need a circular for the SL2. Does anybody know? If this isn't circular, I assume there is a circular polarizer that's appropriate for this lens, so I'd appreciate that information.

Same question applies for the first version of the 50 Summicron and 35 Elmarit, both of which take Series VI -- which circular polarizer works here? Thanks very much!

Nick

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential and intended only for certain recipients. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.