[LRFlex] Circular Polarizers for R

  • From: "Merritt, Robert" <Robert.Merritt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 11:44:49 -0400

Yes, I'm still doping out the various intricacies of the series filters, and am
resigning myself to just getting the correct Leica filters and retaining rings
from eBay or elsewhere.  There is a polarizer that would be perfect for the 135
Elmarit, since it's Series VII size, catalog #13359.  But I can't tell whether
this is a circular polarizer or linear, and I need a circular for the SL2.
Does anybody know?  If this isn't circular, I assume there is a circular
polarizer that's appropriate for this lens, so I'd appreciate that information.

Same question applies for the first version of the 50 Summicron and 35 Elmarit,
both of which take Series VI -- which circular polarizer works here?  Thanks
very much!

Nick

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is
confidential and intended only for certain recipients.  If you are not an
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or other use of this communication and any attachments is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
disclosing it.