[LRFlex] Re: Change of Topic on 90mm

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 20:55:31 +0200

Jim,

I've read somewhere that COOKIN offers a "softener filter" for portraits. Never actually seen it though.

The photographer of M. Alfort uses an old Yashica Mat for the soft renderish for wedding photography.

Some says that a simple lady's stocking stretched in front of the lens does the softing trick, never tried!
---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: Jim Hemenway <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: Change of Topic on 90mm
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 11:00:11 -0400

I assume that you guys are discussing the Summicron... it's an excellent lens. Albeit maybe a little too sharp for portraits of some folks.

Jim

Douglas Herr wrote:

Charles Cason <cec@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Just wondering why the 90mm f/2 is so out of favor with leica people.

Not with me.

... have found that it is a really nice lens after all. Wide open has a fairly good DOF for a face in the crowd and the bokeh is above average

For these reasons it's a "keeper" IMHO.

   www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm