[LRflex] Re: Carrying a 400mm in the field

  • From: Mark Kronquist <mak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 08:04:42 -0700

Pre 9-11 I used to carry my tripod in a gun case worked very well huge range of sizes and materials...

Bad idea for carry on now but...

On May 12, 2009, at 6:10 AM, Douglas Sharp wrote:

Chis,

maybe you can find one of those tube thingies that cycle couriers use for transporting rolled documents - maybe it would be the diameter and length for your 400.

Cheers
Douglas

Chris L wrote:
I wanted to know if anyone has any advice or tricks on how to transport and carry a long lens in the field.

In particular, my 400mm Telyt won't fit in any of my camera bags or rucksacks, at least without splitting it, even then the grip and shoulder stock will use up a great deal of space.

Ideally I'd like to carry it fully assembled and was considering buying or building a separate case with straps for it.

Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Chris

<douglas_sharp.vcf>