[LRflex] Re: Canon FL lenses

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 11:15:16 +0100

Walter,
there's no need for a correction lens in either the
Leica or CY mount adapters.

The problem with Canon FD/FL lenses is that the
register distance requires the lens to be closer to the
sensor/film on other cameras to focus correctly at
infinity.

As this is not possible due to the body limitations, a
correction lens has to be fitted to compensate for this.

I believe this optical correction also applies to
Minolta and Exakta/Topcon lenses - adaptation is purely
mechanical in the case of Nikon, Pentax (M42 and K),
Leica R, Contax/Yashica, Nikon and Olympus-OM lenses.

Cheers
Douglas