[LRflex] Re: By the side of the road...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 09:14:25 -0700

I'm afraid, Richard, that I've seen enough of my photos in print that they
don't excite me, any more.  But, a first photo, a first cover and, now, a first
billboard are all exciting!

As for the sharpness... the Billboard is across a local access road, which runs
parallel to the highway.   I was able to go on the access road, and view the
billboard from about 2 meters (6 feet) away.  That's the equivalent of viewing
a 12x18" print, from about 3 inches.  And it still looked sharp!

I don't know what kind of sharpening algorithms the billboard company use, but
they obviously know their stuff!

Now, I guess, the trick is to see if the billboard really does boost toursim in
our little town.

Thanks for looking. :-)

David.