[LRflex] Re: By the side of the road...

  • From: Steve Barbour <steve.barbour@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 09:02:17 -0700

Sent from my iPhone
Steve Barbour

On Apr 29, 2013, at 8:55 AM, <tedgrant@xxxxxxx> wrote:

DAVID YOUNG OFFERED:

>>> Good Morning, Flexers!

>>> Yesterday, I made the trek to western Canada's largest used camera swap
>>> meet.
It's held every year, at this time, in Coquitlam, BC - so it's about a 3.5 hour
drive, each way.  Saw some old friends and purchased a couple of inexpensive
items for use as examples, when I teach photography.  But, no major
acquisitions, this year!

On the way home, I came to a grinding halt... for I saw my name in lights!

OK ... not quite, but seeing one of your own images, on a roadside billboard is
a close as most of us will ever get.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/BB.html

I was impressed how sharp it looked, for a 10mp image, cropped & then enlarged
to 22 feet (6.7 meters) wide!

when you see it from an appropriate distance...

<<<<<<<

HI David!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good on you lad!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember this photo from earlier days and
discussion of which was best and which wasn't?

The bottom line is always ....... "THEY PAID FOR IT'S USE!!!!!!!!!" And it
looks smashing!! :-)

After that? Any negatives are null and void!!!!!!!! :-)
cheers,
Dr. ted ;-)