[LRflex] Re: Breathing easier, now.

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 15:58:55 -0800

Philippe wrote:

I now have my files on three separate HDs and on two platforms, progressively in three formats (RAW, DNG and JPEG) and I'm starting on the DVDs tomorrow, time permitting.

40 years from now? My kids will have dumped all my junk for sure, which makes me laugh sometimes.

Kids, schmids... I plan on being here in 40 years!

Next will be transfering all the video tapes I shot when they were younger - this they might keep.

Videotapes!?! Heck, one of my next jobs is to transfer silent,16mm colour films from the 1940's onto DVD's. These were made by Rose's Dad, who was a consummate hunter and an excellent film maker ... he used to show them semi-professionally, and they're worth preserving.

Not sure how I'm going to go about this!