[LRflex] Re: Bluedot Frustration...The solution... I think!

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:28:24 -0800

At 29/01/2008, you wrote:

David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Whether this is light reflecting off the sensor and then back again
> from the surface of the rear element (the most likely scenario, to
> me) or whether it is somehow being reflected off the surfaces of two
> or more of the rearmost lens elements is rather immaterial.  The
> problem exists and key to it's solution is that the "blue dot" is
> lens specific.  For, after encountering the problem with my Vario, I
> switched to the 50 Summi, with either Doug's Universal Extension Tube
> (a great device, btw) behind, or an ELPRO in front.  Both
> combinations worked without any problems.

I'll have to try duplicating the problem with my 80-200 and DMR.  I don't
have a UV filter or 6T handy so I'll have two uncontrolled variables
(sensor and extra glass in front) but if I'm able to replicate the problem
both the sensor and the extra glass can probably be ruled out.

Hi Doug!

I get the problem, with and without filters.  No difference, it seems.

I will be most interested to see if you can duplicate the problem. It seems it is the mass of white, surrounding the subject, which does it, if the main subject is not brilliantly lit. Never a problem in sunshine ... easily (for me) to duplicate if heavily overcast (may be hard to do in Sacramento!) or when shooting close, indoors, by windowlight, with a white background.

Please let us know what you find out!