[LRflex] Re: Blowing my own horn...

  • From: Ed Willoughby <ed_willoughby@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:20:58 -0800 (PST)

Anytime your being paid for taking pictures -- It's a GOOD DAY!

David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here in BC, the Knowledge Network (our public broadcaster) and the Ministry of
Tourism have joined forces to help each small town in BC build a decent
web-site.  To this end, they put out a "call for photographers" (amateur or
pro) - one for each town, to provide 6 photos, taken over 6 months, of their
town.

Interested photogs were to apply, by email, by the 15th.  Although I'd applied
back on Feb. 2nd., the town appeared not to know I had sent it in!   So, at
their Tuesday night meeting, Council passed a resolution that staff contact me,
to see if I was interested in the  job!  Yesterday, I got the call. Naturally,
I said "yes" and the deed was done.

It's not a huge deal, but it does carry a $3,000 stipend, which for a retired
geezer, like myself, is just fine!  :-)  Besides, photographing the town's
events (which I would do, anyway) for a summer, should be a whole bunch of fun!

Colour me pleased.