[LRflex] Bill's Pano, Arlo & Riley shots.

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 06:59:09 -0700

Good Mornin' Bill!

You showed

http://www.williamholtz.com/vt_pans

Very nice, Bill. Particularly the first (top) one. For hand-held ... VERY nice, indeed! I'm curious ... as I've never been able to pull off a successful pano... how many shots, for the top one, if you recall, and how much wastage above, below the image line, due to being hand held?

http://www.williamholtz.com/arlo

Again, a very nice series! Shooting from the audience, combined with harsh stage lighting, can be a tough challenge, indeed. Ya done good!

But, I guess I'm getting old... I remember Arlo as a young man!

And finally, a shot of Riley; Riley is my nephewâ??s grandson and the newest member of the family. 20d/50 cron wide open.

http://www.williamholtz.com/riley

Cute kid! If this were my shot, I'd crop it at the left edge, just enough to remove the lady's neck-line, creating a field of green on the left. Riley would stand out, in the shot, much better that way. As is, a great album shot. Focus and expression live up to Ted's "Eyes, light,action" mantra, very well.

I hope your ailing sister is doing better.

Thanks for sharing your work with us, Bill!  I look forward to seeing more!