[LRflex] Re: Better use of the 57mm F1.2?

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:46:20 +0200

Walter,
The result is quite good, given the fact that with the G1, the angle of view is
divided by 2 (resulting a 114mm f1.2).
Now, if you look at the DOF tables or if you use a online calculator, you will
find that your lens has a DOF of a "arse hair" ("poil de cul" in French).
So, I say the result is good.
If you want to make a test, put a ruler at 45deg at the same distance the siger
was (some 10 or 15m away?) and focus to a point. If your pick is in focus,
fine, if not, you will know how much is the difference (a matter of Cos or Sin,
at 45Deg, it"s all the same).
cheers
#-----------------------------------
From : Xavier F. BILLE
mail : hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx
Maisons Alfort - France

From: walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRflex] Better use of the 57mm F1.2?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 12:28:16 +1000

Thanks for the comments on the soft available light portrait attempt.  Agree,
too soft and one is indeed assessed on photos displayed.
Here is another effort, wide open at 125th of a second but I think this lens is
not sharp at 1.2.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25126059@N02/7632603682/in/photostream
For those interested, Pana G1, ISO 800, 125th sec, f1.2
Walter
Walter Kramer
walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx
walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mobile: 0414 884 965
Business: 03 9854 2463
"Where were you when I laid the foundations of the Earth, when the morning
stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?"