[LRflex] Re: Beroflex "close-focus"

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 22:03:08 +0200

David,
the shot was taken from about 1.5 metres, I reckon the extension of tghe
"close focus" is about 12mm so it doesn't really do much except reduce
the depth of focus. Each of the little flowerlets is about 5 millimeters
across. The plant is a Lantane which belongs to the Viburnum family
(like that bush that attracts butterflies)
Neat Image is a very smart piece of software, it analyses and removes
all sorts of noise, sharpens in any number of different ways, and what I
particularly like is that you can sharpen and reduce noise in either RGB
or YCrCb (HSL) channel for channel. There's rather an overwhelming
number of sliders and settings but you soon get the hang of which ones
to leave well alone. I advise using YCrCb
as a standard setting.
cheers
Douglas