[LRflex] Baoulé Art, any one?

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 20:55:56 +0100

Hello Flexers.

Sorry for not being much with you although it's a vibrant time 8-)

Today, went to a flea market in Paris and found this bronze at the booth of a
guy from Ivory Coast. It is reputed to be a Baoule (Bah-Uh-ley) production. My
childhood tells me it's west coast of Africa, for sure :)

It's now a decoration on a door ("loo" corner, that is):

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/Baoule/_1030278_dev.jpg

Digilux+vario Elmar 14-50, indirect flash (on the left of picture)

But I roamed in the Rue Mouffetard as the the flea market was nearby. I had the
Digilux and a summicron 35:

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/Baoule/_1030259_dev.jpg

Not easy to focus at f2 and the viewfinder led does help little. I'm surprised
that most of the shots done with the lens were badly exposed.

In fact the Digilux does well when available light is f4 (hmmm, the vario Elamr
80-200 for instance)

Waiting for the R10????

Have a nice week ;)
---------------------------------Xavier F. BILLE Maisons-Alfort - France.