[LRflex] Re: Ban photography of farms in FL. can you believe this?

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 15:41:58 -0500

On Mar 8, 2011, at 3:00 PM, Bille Xavier F. wrote:

> This is all a matter of ... money.

Except when it isn't.
In this case, it's an Enabler.
The Root Cause of this legislation is 'The Food Industry' attempting
to make it a Felony for Environmental Activists or Animal Rights Folks
to shoot documentary footage of Agri-Biz practices and processes ie:
'Evidence' for their Trials - either in Criminal or Civil Courtrooms
or in the Court of Public Opinion.

That includes making it a Felony for Joe or Jane Press Photog shooting
images or video footage for Publication &/or Broadcast.

Intellectual Property Rights is just the very thin wedge being used in
an attempt to break off an exception under the 1st Amendment of the
U.S. Constitution.
I once would have called such an exception an utter impossibility to
get past our Nation's Supreme Court, but they have recently said
'Corporations' are 'People' and therefore have a full and unfettered
Constitutional right under it's 1st amendment to spend unlimited funds
on Political Activities. Free Speech - Don'cha Know.

I'm a big supporter of Human Rights. But, Corporations are lacking a
fundamental part of the Construct upon which Human Rights are Built
From.
Ah... Sentience, heart beat, tissue, flesh, the list is nearly infinite.

Richard in Michigan