[LRflex] Re: B&W Film (sic) Question

  • From: Miha Golobic <miha.golobic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:43:01 +0200

2011/6/22 Kevin Willey <kevinwilley@xxxxxx>
> I'm going to shoot some new PAN F PLUS 50 in my Leica R8.  In reading the
> technical info sheet, the following is listed:  Meter setting EI 25/15
>  EI 50/18        EI 64/19
> I understand first EI numbers (25, 50, 64).  But I don't know what the
> second numbers mean after the slant bar, i.e., 15, 18, 19?
>
> I would appreciate a short explanation.  I tend to shoot film at an EI
> smaller than the ISO rating.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Kevin
> Seoul, Korea
>
> The secon numbers stand for DIN (Deutsches Institut für Normung = German
Institute for Standardization). The first numbers are ASA.
From Wikipedia: The American Standards
Association<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Standards_Association>(ASA)
and the Deutsches
Institut für
Normung<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsches_Institut_f%C3%BCr_Normung>(DIN)
film speed standards have been combined into the ISO standards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_speed

As for PanF, I shoot it at EI 32 and develop in ID11/D76.

Miha