[LRflex] Artifacts in a frame Resolved

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 17:17:13 -0800

Hello,

A friend suggested opening the file with another application and that led to the resolution of my problem, but not an explanation of why it occurred.

I downloaded RAW Developer and the "offending" artifacts were entirely absent from the file I posted yesterday.

I then tried LR 3.0 Beta, which requires an Intel-Mac, using my Mac Book, and it also showed no artifacts, nor did LR 2.5 running on that same machine. All were clean as a whistle.

I reinstalled LR 2.5 on the PowerPC Mac and the artifacts persist.

My conclusion is that there is a problem in the PowerPC version of LR 2.5, or in my machine itself, which, in conjunction with images made under those conditions, results in the artifacts.

But the answer is simple: use LR 2.5 on an Intel-Mac or use another application on the PowerPC Mac.

I do hope none of you ever run into such a situation.

All the best,

Bill