[LRFlex] Re: Art Nouveau Glass - Lighting Question - Polarising?

  • From: NATSTEK@xxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 20:10:32 EDT

Doug,

Sorry about taking so long to respond to your e-mail, but I've been on an
extended business trip & just got back home.

I also use a flat, small, light box as a soft light source. I have two of
them and they are great.

Another idea for soft or indirect lighting is to build a square frame out of
1" PVC pipe and drape a white sheet over it and then aim the light through it.
Almost shadowless lighting and very wrap-around. I've also used an SC17,
Nikon off camera cord to connect a Metz 32CT4 flash with an SCA351 module to an
R5, or R6.2 body and then connect another Metz to this with a Nikon SC10,
male-to-male cord and connect that to a Nikon SC10 Shoe and you have a
multi-flash
TTL set-up that you can shoot through the light tent with. With this set-up,
you don't have to worry about flash calculations, just enjot the results. The
same set-up should work on an R8~9, or even an M6TTL, using an SCA3501~3502
Metz
flash, because the pin positions are still the same!

Just a thought

Art Tafil