[LRflex] Re: Argh, C'est le Graal !

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 12:42:52 -0700

Xavier enthused:

>All it needs is a French Interface :)

Why?  You speak excellent English!    If you'd rather, there is a
Japanese version!

>Thanks David and Philumix for pointing out the Mecca. Salaam!

You are most welcome, I'm sure!

But, Xavier, there are many different RAW conversion programs.

I like Silkypix because [a] it is, as you say, simple to use - thus
very fast, and [b] it yields very natural colours ... better than
most other converters.

For those who favour Photoshop - yes, I have that too ... but I find
ACR not as convenient, slower to use, and not as nice
colouration.  Besides, the Black Level slider in SP is faster and
more effective than PS's Curves control.

Recently, I took a shot of a Bald Eagle, originally developed with
the Canon software that came with my Canon 20D, and re-developed it,
in Silkypix.

The two shots are quite different, yet they are the same photo
(though  the newer "development" is a slightly tighter
cropping)  from the same camera.  Only the RAW converter has changed.

You can see, for yourself, at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/two_photos.htm

Comments?