[LRflex] Re: Aram's request Re: More contoversy!

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:11:38 -0800

Thanks David.  I got em.  Now I have to look at them on a better monitor.
On my school monitor, while I see differences, I could not in a blind test
say which one I liked better at 1600.  I do prefer both the 1600's over the
3200 as far as grain/noise is concerned.  The strong backlighting in the DMR
shot leads to some interesting edge effects on the bird.  I have no
experience to know if this is due to digital, JPEG, or just the
backlighting.  So, I am just looking at the shadow areas of about the same
density.

Thanks again for leaving them up and I hope the rath of the ISP is not upon
you yet.

Aram