[LRflex] Re: Applying the teachings of a educational video

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 08:56:45 -0700

Good Morning, Xavier!

You showed:

>http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/L1070265_dev.jpg

After a little further study of you fine shot, I'd like to offer one
suggestion.

If I were making this shot, I'd have cropped just a wee bit from the
left and added just a bit more space, on the right.

At present, the pup's eye is to the right of the image center, and
he's "looking out" of the picture.  With cropping as I suggest, his
eye would be just to the left of center, and he'd be "looking in" to
the picture ... if you "catch my drift".

This is an element of composition which is frequently overlooked, but
will often improve the overall "look" of an image.

Still, a very nice shot, as it is!

Our best to you and Ayda.

Cheers!
David Young - Photographer