[LRFlex] Re: Another question on cases and weight of a kit

  • From: "andy Wagner" <yxandy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:24:04 -0500

Elliot
I've found that my body has taken very well to a photo vest. I carry all my gear in a back pack until I get to my location and then transfer the gear to the vest. Hanging the vest on the back of the drivers seat is very handy when traveling to multiple locations. While I haven't tried this outfit in heavily populated areas (mostly national parks and such) I wouldn't be afraid to try it as all my gear is very secure and the weight distribution makes it very easy to carry

From: "Dr. Puritz" <drpuritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRFlex] Another question on cases and weight of a kit
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 07:40:07 -0400

Just back from a protracted trip to Europe. After planning to take my R
gear, the weight of the case and the lenses hinted that the M kit would be
better. Hence, I took the M7 with the Trielmar, and the 21 Asph. The
results were great ( one must know how to meter of course to make maximal
use of the M7 features, and I left the M winder home to save weight ), but I
certainly missed the ease and simplicity of the "P" mode with the various
meter possibilities and easy fill flash on the R camera. My question to you
all ( and I realize that cases are an individual choice, as are lenses )
involves a suggestion for an "ever-ready" case for the R8/9 with the 28-70
attached, and a "method" to carry along another lens or two....say the
180/2.8 with extender, and the asph 21-35. Winder of course would be left
at home in order to save "schlepping". I note that the Leica R case is not
very practical for quick use, and as one ages ( "early" mid 60's ) the
weight of a kit becomes more of an issue. Nevertheless, one would like to
maintain the ability to use the various focal lengths that Leica provides
for the R series. Any suggestions as to a good way to compromise on the
issue of portability, and ease of use? I know, of course, that there is
likely to be no simple solution. Weight of a kit and age of the user seem
to be two variables that cannot be over -come.

Elliot

    www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm

Regards
Andy