[LRflex] Anna's Hummingbird

  • From: bob palmieri <rpalmier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 11:00:00 -0500

Folks -

Can't post an action-stopping snap of one of these feeding (like some folks we know), but I'll do my best to show something worth a look.

I have about 3 dozen shots of these birds and the difference in visible coloring from one instant to the next is startling (if anyone's interested I'll throw up 3 consecutive snaps of the same bird taken within seconds of each other.) This is the one that seems to show all of the markings at the same time (as well as managing some subtle harmony in the background color) - I found very flat, overcast morning light to be the best tool for this job:

http://www.pbase.com/bobsworld/image/84006662

Bob Palmieri