[LRflex] Re: Angenieux zoom lenses for Leica R mount

  • From: Philippe AMARD <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 01:01:25 +0100

Hi!

I own a 35/70 macro Angénieux zoom which I use with the R3 or the
R4.
The results are what I've always looked for in a zoom lense - no
vigneting, no distortion, a sharpness I never got with non-zoom
lenses of other brands (olympus, nikon, pentax, canon plus
others I want to forget)
It was and still is a jewel - I don't know if it can be adapted
to the canonDspecies - I'd love it to...

I could post some (unfortunately badly) scanned snaps to you you
liked me to.

I've been looking for a 70/210 for a few months now to replace my
Leica 70/210 but prices are still a handicap and unfortunately
the last sellers on Ebay didn't take Paypal, that's also why I
can't speak of it from experience. But I will, well, erm, some
day I hope not to remote at least.

Last remarks :
a) macro is a bit far fetched as the range is definitely up to
the standard of other (and more recent) lenses.
b) both zooms look and feel "kinky?" when compared to Leica
mechanics and materials - but the glass is Baccarat glass
indeed.

Wish you the best in your quest.
Phileica

PS: there's one for sale on ebay (in new zealand if I remember
well) - AF for Canon if anyone is interested