[LRFlex] Andy's Snow.... and the one that got away.

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 08:29:00 -0700

Andy Wagner wrote:

I live in beautiful? Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Sorry it's Easter Sunday and I just got back from Horicon Marsh. That's a National Wildlife refuge about 45 min north of Milwaukee. The spring migration has started and the Canadian goose population is starting to build. No sun,lousy light, and then the snow started.

Well Andy, Saturday it was 21.9°C (about 72°F) (in the shade) and considerably warmer in the sun! Since we have Rose's family visiting (including a 2 and a 5 yr old), we all went to the beach. It was lovely and the beach was filled with bikini clad young ladies.

I had the 400/6.8 on the R8, trying to get a good shots of some Ravens, when I was alerted to a cute, young woman in a red bikini with waist length hair. She was kneeling in a pool of water... the light was right, her pose perfect and the reflection on the water made for a perfect composition. I framed the shot and fired! Or, at least, I squeezed the cable release in the grip. Nothing happened! Turned out the cable release had it's internal braiding come free and it had lost the ability to push the shutter! By the time I'd figured that out, she'd gone. :(

Sorry to hear about your snow! ;-)

David.

----------

David Young     |The LHSA Spring Shoot - Victoria, B.C.
Victoria,       |April 23 thru 25th, 2004.
CANADA. |Join the LHSA and join in the fun!

Victoria - voted #1 City in the Americas
        by Condé Nast Traveler Magazine - Oct 2003

Sring Shoot Information at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/spring-shoot.htm

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr