[LRFlex] Re: And the Winner is.... (Redux)

  • From: Jim Hemenway <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:06:35 -0400

Noel:

These gadgets are great for low macro work.

Much less of an aching back than without one.

Jim

Noel Charchuk wrote:

The prize in David's "pay it forward" contest arrived in the mail this morning,
and it was better than he described. I can't wait to get it home and put it on my R6
finder. As mentioned in my whinging application for the contest, I do like shooting
macro, and this will make life considerably better, hunkered down over tiny alpine
blossoms.
Thank you David, I look forward to putting this finder to work.

Noel C
David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

All:

winning (and only) entry in the right angle finder contest.

Dear judge, moderator of LRflex, and grand poohbah, and former owner of my
R6.
I shoot a lot of wildflowers, and as I live in the foothills, these flowers
tend to be tiny, unlike the giant blossoms you are used to on the island.
This necessitates prostration and genuflections in order to get low enough
to fill the frame with these minuscule flora.
Also, as mentioned before, I live in the foothills, where the warm winds

from the Island whistle down the Eastern slopes at horrific rates of speed,

and cause much quivering and oscillation of the plants. For this reason, a
tripod is required to hold the camera steady enough, long enough, to freeze
the frame during a brief lull in the wind.
Hunkered down low to the ground, trying to peer sideways through the finder
to watch for that moment is very difficult.
I have followed right angle finder auctions on eBay numerous times, and
always got sniped at the last minute, or else the price went crazy in the
last half hour, and got up to the price of a mortgage payment. This has
caused me to suffer lengthy contortions and endure periods of pain, all in
the name of art.
If you were to bequeath me the modified right angle finder, my knees and
aching joints would be eternally grateful.
And besides, it would probably feel right at home on your old R6.
I hope that is enough wheedling and whining on my part to convince the wise,
illustrious and omnipotent judge to rule in my favor.
Seriously, I would put it to good use.

Noel Charchuk
Calgary

Enjoy it, Noel. From this whine (er, entry) I'd say you deserve it! :)

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
       http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
       http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm