[LRFlex] Re: And I owe it all to Leica...

  • From: "Charles Cason" <cec@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:18:10 -0500

Hi Jim, that was indeed a gorgeous lily.  However, I have used my M6 on a
Viso with a 135mm tele-elmar lens head and the results were also
spectacular. I have given that up now and use the R8 and macro lens.  It
just makes life simpler. I kept my bellows and have it set for my R8, too
cheap to buy the updated R bellows.  I just have to be very careful when
attaching the body to the rear of the bellows.  I also purchased a couple of
focusing rails and a right angle view finder.  Now I go for the extremes and
just move the whole system on the rails.  I had to do this because I was
shaking so much trying to hand hold.  I really love the macro work with
flowers.  Sometimes there is another floral landscape inside a flower that
is just never seen with the naked eye.  Along with the shaking, my knees are
wearing out so it is a treat for me when I am up to walking down the street
and photographing the 'small' world.
Aren't Leicas magnificent?
Charles