[LRflex] Re: An odd request...

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 13:41:43 -0400

This thread reminded me of one of the earliest dates my Jane & I went on back
in 2008. We went out to the shores of lake michigan to take pictures of the
sunset together. She's mostly a snapshot taker and when I pulled out my EOS
dSLR she was full of questions and requests for explanations. When my attempts
at a verbal explanation of Apertures didnt fly I pulled the Zeiss Pancolar
Fifty out of my the Bag and it changed everything. Watching the blades move in
and out as she clicked the ring 'brought it all into focus' (pun intended) for
her and allowed me to then explain the depth of field effects of aperture
blades and a few other things about exposure choices, meter failings, &
reciprocity of shutter & aperture settings.

Richard in Michigan

The string of typographical symbols comic strips use to indicate profanity
("$%@!") is called a grawlix.