[LRFlex] Re: An introduction.

  • From: Doug Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 20:27:10 -0700

on 4/6/04 7:15 PM, David Young at dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Perhaps we should use the migration of this list as an excuse to introduce
> ourselves.

> So... Who's next?

I'm 51 and a long way from retirement thanks to a daughter's love of horses
:-).  I'm presently working for the State of California's energy commission
where I write software for energy simuation models.

I started in photography in high school, and my first serious camera was a
used Nikon F with the old non-TTL Photomic meter.  Ten years and a few
resistor rings later I was ready to make the switch to the camera I wanted
in the first place: a Leicaflex SL.  I'm now using a small fleet of
Leicaflexes and the occasional R4sP and currently use 8 lenses:

35mm f/2.8 Elmarit-R
50mm f/2.8 Summicron-R
60mm f/2.8 Macro-Elmarit-R
90mm f/2.0 Summicron-R
100mm f/2.8 APO-Macro-Elmarit-R
280mm f/4.0 APO-Telyt-R
400mm and 560mm f/6.8 Telyt

Over the years I've also used a few other lenses, some borrowed and some
bought and re-sold:

21mm f/4.0 Super-Angulon-R
35mm f/2.0 Summicron-R
90mm f/2.8 Elmarit-R
135mm f/2.8 Elmarit-R
75-200mm f/4.5 Vario-Elmar-R
180mm f/4.0 Elmar-R
180mm f/3.4 APO-Telyt-R
250mm f/4.0 Telyt-R
280mm f/4.8 Telyt
400mm & 560mm f/5.6 for Televit

My favorite subjects are wildlife, particularly birds, and I'm also
responsible (if that's the right word) for infecting several people with the
desire for the 400mm f/6.8 Telyt.  See my photos at
http://www.wildlightphoto.com.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com