[LRflex] Re: An Erwin Puts Quote

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 15:54:37 -0700 (PDT)

"Not only is it a pleasure to read and post on this list, it gives some of us
more mediocre photogs a target to shoot for."

 Hear Hear Andy!~
I don't think I'll ever ever take bird photo's like what Doug pulls off. And
David's Rural Action stuff is real kick butt work. I sincerely do some images
pretty well, but seeing things here pushes my envelope and raises my standards.
I fear the 'name' in front of my quote mucked up the perception of the words I
was trying to share.
My take away from Puts' words I posted was 'put down the keyboards and pickup
your cameras' :-). Not buy my 'bosses' stuff.

Frankly, if I was cutting the guy's paycheck, I'd have some questions about the
line in my post that "Leica cameras are not perfect. There never were". He has
also put some pretty thoughtful writings up about the arguments for
Rangefinder's photographic 'Advantages' developing feet of clay (to paraphrase
loosely). Kind of also threw switching from the 8.0 to 8.2 under the bus saying
save your money, at best upgrade your body. Hard to carry the mantle 'shill'
when he's saying don't buy the emperor's new clothes. :-).

Anyway.

Peace

Richard in Michigan, usa

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and
those who don't!
_________

- James M. Barrie