[LRflex] Re: All about M9!!!

  • From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 16:49:12 -0700

Quite frankly all this transmission over the M9 really means diddly squat
unless you are going to "BUY ONE!" I have no idea how many posts I've deleted
about it as the most important aspect is???????? "How much will it cost and how
soon will it actually be available for my hands?"  And is it so fantastically
better than the M8 with the same lens attached?????? Or will it be merely an
upgraded version of the M8???????

Besides I pretty well have my M8 attached to my hand and it's serving me quite
well with images that viewers when they see the prints keep telling me...
"WOW!!!! those old time Leica's sure make great pictures!"  :-)

Yep had a little old lady tell me something like that a couple of days ago as
she remembered a Leica being in her family years ago and her father always said
it was the best camera in the world. And seeing mine she still believed him
because here was one that was still working after all these years. :-)

So there you go eh?
Am I going to tell this sweet super senior citizen lady it was a modern day
$5000 digital camera her father wouldn't believe was a camera if he were still
alive? Nope! I just let her go on believing it was just like her dad's! She had
such a nice smile when she was telling the story of her fathers Leica and mine
being the same.

M9? I think it's more fun until it arrives out of the womb rather than all this
trade secret stuff hour after hour that takes away the birthing excitement much
like knowing what kind of child you are about to have before it arrives into
the world.
They can both be beautiful surprises!  :-)
ted